Friday, August 14, 2020 - 10:00am to 11:30am
Who is an oligarch, exactly? The release of the new edition of Ricardo Manapat’s landmark work Some Are Smarter Than Others, with annotations by Javier Leonardo V. Rugeria, may provide some very important answers.
This August 14 (Friday) at 10 a.m., join Ateneo de Manila University Press and Ateneo School of Government in launching the print and ebook versions of Some Are Smarter Than Others: The History of Marcos’ Crony Capitalism.
Together with us for a short discussion are:
- Maria Cristina Manapat
- Maria Karina Bolasco of Ateneo de Manila University Press
- Calixto V. Chikiamco from the Foundation for Economic Freedom
- Julio C. Teehankee from the Department of International Studies of De La Salle University
- Paul D. Hutchcroft from the Australian National University
- Lisandro E. Claudio from South and South Asian Studies, University of California, Berkeley
- Leon Flores III of Ateneo School of Government
This event is moderated by Leon Flores III from Ateneo School of Government.
Register for free here: https://bit.ly/2XkPnfR
Bookmark the livestream: https://web.facebook.com/events/3243053049085841/